What should I do before the swab test?
If you have to book for a person under 6 years old, please contact us at 0289701701.
After booking you will receive a link via text message where you will find all the information on how to prepare for the swab test.
Here are the guidelines you need to follow:
- Read, print and sign two copies of the informed consent and bring with you with the “scheda paziente”.
- Find out how to access the report and how to consult it.
It is mandatory to read it in order to understand how to behave based on the outcome of the examination.
When will I receive the results?
The swab result is ready in 3 working days starting from the day after acceptance (eg: if you do it on Monday, the result will be available on Thursday). If the swab is performed on a Saturday, the calculation starts on Monday. On The day of the swab test you will be notified exactly when your report will be ready. The report will be available in your clinical dossier by accessing your personal area of the site or app MySantagostino.
Sundays and public holidays are NOT calculated as working days even if they were exam days.
What to do if you were tested positive for Covid-19 or you had contact with a person who was tested positive for Covid-19?
In case of a positive molecular swab, you will have to book the molecular swab that determines the end of the isolation, which you can ONLY book as a home service (home visit), in case you want to do it with Santagostino.
You can carry out the molecular swab in our centers only if more than 21 days have passed since the symptoms or since the first swab was performed.
- If you had high-risk contact with a person tested positive for Covid-19 and you need to book the molecular swab that determines the end of your isolation, you can ONLY book as a home service (home visit).
- If you had low risk contact with a positive person and you are asymptomatic or paucisymptomatic (no fever), you can book the molecular swab at one of our centers.
- If you need to book the swab (antigenic or molecular) for a child under 6 years old, call the Call Center at the following number 0289701701 for information on the centers that provide the service based on age and then book online after adding the child as a family member (if you are the parent or legal guardian).
How and when do I cancel a swab?
The swab can ONLY be canceled online, from your reserved area on the mySantagostino app or on www.santagostino.it
- From the app, go to Appointments, then click on Future Appointments and select the service to be canceled and follow the instructions until the cancellation is confirmed. You will receive confirmation sms and the refund procedure will start.
- From the site, go to Reservations, then click on Future Appointments and select the service to be canceled and follow the instructions until the cancellation is confirmed. You will receive confirmation sms and the refund procedure will start.
If you are cancelling an appointment for a family member, remember to select his/her name from the drop-down menu once you are in the Appointments / Services area.
You can cancel no later than 24 hours before the service, after this period, you will no longer be able to cancel or obtain any refund.
How much is a covid-19 nasopharyngeal swab by RT-PCR?
The price of covid-19 nasopharyngeal swab by RT-PCR in Santagostino Clinics is 75 euro.